Thursday, December 24, 2009

An Ode to Favorites

Once again I have been inspired by Madeline's fantastic blog! She has been doing a little orniment of the day post. I have been somewhat inspired by doing something I like to call an ode to a favorite! Maybe weekly (if you all are lucky), I have decided I am going to do a post dedicated to the fantastic people in my life.

This past year has not been easy by any means. I struggled with living at home, (ew too old for this), school is kicking my ass, money is tough, i recently ended a very long term relationship, loosing touch with loved ones, sick family members...etc etc. However I know that I absolutely could not have gotten through it the way that i did without the help and support of my tremendous friends. Nicole - your email inspired this too dear :)

First thing is first. When I post these, it is in NO particular order. I love all of my friends for many different reasons in many different ways. All of you have inspired me in one way or another. All of you have given me strength and blessed me with wonderful friendships.

So I decided to start with my quasi little sister SAMMY! She is the ultimate freak. High strung. Emo ;). Intense. Honest. Too honest. Dedicated to her friends. The type of person that would do anything for anyone. In certain situations (not all) she is wise beyond her years. She is a smart ass. Hysterical. She is a younger and a bit more emo version of myself. When we fight im sure its because I see a little of myself in her. I dont want her to make the same mistakes that I did. I want her to learn from me, and exceed that. I give her tough love. But you know what? She gives it right back. As much as we fight I do have one memory that I will never forget. I could be more angry with her than I have ever been, but I know this memory will stick with me forever. Lets just say that it was a tough day. A horrible night, on top of a tough morning. I didn't sleep at all the night before. Dragged myself out of bed. Went to work (at camp with her). I got to work and without saying anything there was a tremendous energy between us. She knew. She JUST knew. We hugged. I cried. She might have cried too. It was for that moment that when my entire world had stopped that I felt ok. She JUST knew. She was there. She helped me though it.

So as much crap as I give you just know that I love you Sammy, my little emo freak. :)

I don't ever want the people in my life to ever think that I overlook their unconditional love and support. So from time to time, I want to continue to give them a shout out on here, to remind them and to let all my followers know how much they mean to me.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. hahaha i'm loving all the shoutouts! :) thanks, fierce girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou. also, most attractive picture of us in the entire world.

    ReplyDelete