Friday, November 5, 2010

An Ode to The Core

...the people have spoken. A lot. Bring back the blog! Alright. Here goes nothing. No pressure or anything, right?

Let me start by saying that I dedicate this to the core. What is the core? Ah, I thought you'd never ask...

The core. Well - my verision of the core is the core group of people in your life. They can be made up of a variety of different people - and by any means do not have to be apart of the same circles. My core is of a variety of ages, genders, races, and even gingers (yes - you gingers I consider you a breed of your own). Bringing together the core is a rarity, and I don't know if I have ever 100% successfully accomplished such a task. To be honest, I don't think my core could all sit in the same room together and love each other as much as I love each of them. Would my OCSer blend with my little emo nugget? It would be hard to say. Each of them has impacted me in a way they will probably never know - taught me a lesson about life or myself - that no one else could have. Are all of my friends apart of my core? No. That wouldn't make sense. Core can be defined as the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything. If everyone was defined this way then it would lose its meaning. I would never shout from the rooftops who my core is. I dont want to hurt anyone or make anyone's head already bigger than it is ;) But I will say one thing - its a fierce title to have - and by god - get real with your own core.


Thats my core. You define your core. And sometimes, your core defines you.


Okay, so I had to get a little emo to start with. But I have a few topics of my sleeve that are pretty "real". So prepare yourselves - and don't say I didn't warn you. After all - this is an ode to getting real...

1 comment:

  1. welcome back!

    also - gingers are TOTES their own category!!

    ReplyDelete