Friday, January 8, 2010

An Ode to Myself...

There is nothing wrong with an ode to yourself once in a while. A little pride didn't hurt anybody! Sometimes, you have to remember to be your own number one fan. I choose to do that today. I woke up with an extra spark today, that extra fiery energy. I think that once in a while, you should take advantage of that extra spark and use it to your advantage, to remind yourself how fierce you are! I am extra fierce today, for I found out I got straight As this semester for the 3rd semester in a row! I don't care if I am "tooting my own horn", or sound conceited. I worked my butt off to get there, and I will scream it from the rooftops if I have to.

Not only did I score straight As, but I also got them while being in grad school full time AND working full time (sometimes even 40+ hours a week). Not to mention, I had quite the social life too :) I will say, that without the support of my friends I am not sure how focused I would be. They supported me when I did not do so well, and helped push me to do better, and eventually kick major butt in grad school. A little extra special love to my ladies Nicole and Heather who lived with me and pushed me through my school rut, even when I refused to get out of bed to go to class! :)

I know this pic is sooooo old, but I thought it was fun - plus it was when all 3 of us were living together!

Hopefully once in a while you will take a day, or even an hour to celebrate you. Celebrate your accomplishments, how hard you work, what a good person you are, and your overall awesomeness! So, heres to you...and of course heres to me :)

1 comment:

  1. i love this post!!! Congrats on doing so well - that's amazing and it's definitely something i could never do! YAYYY for tooting your own horn - you deserve it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete